(WBIR) The first day of March might seem too early for most to go boating in East Tennessee, but one organization wants to help you learn some new skills on the water this weekend.
Oak Ridge Rowing Association is hosting a free day of rowing classes on Saturday, March 1st. The group will be hosting a morning and afternoon session and the public is invited to attend one or both.
The classes will be held at the rowing association's boathouse, located at 697 Melton Lake Drive, Oak Ridge TN 37830.
No experience is necessary but all participants must be at least 14 years old.
What you should wear/bring:
- Come dressed in athletic gear (eg. tighter fitting shorts and t-shirts, hat, sunglasses, dress in layers)
- Bring a water bottle and sunscreen
- There will be cubbies in the restroom and boat bays to store personal items (please keep all items of value locked in your car or at home)
Here's a schedule of Saturday's free classes:
Morning Session #1:
- 9-9:30am: Sign in, meet the coaches, learn about the boathouse and safety
- 9:30-10:45am Row on the Water
- 11:00am: Light snack provided by ORRA
Afternoon Session #2:
- 12-12:30pm: Sign in, meet the coaches, learn about the boathouse and safety
- 12:30-1:45 pm Row on the Water
- 2:00pm: Light snack provided by ORRA