(WBIR) Two people safely escaped a house fire Friday morning in Anderson County.
Marlow Volunteer Fire Department responded to the fire on Hoskins Gap Road near Oliver Springs at about 7:30 a.m. Two people were inside the residence when the wood burning stove caught the home on fire. Officials said the fire completely destroyed the residence.
"This time of year, we do have problems with wood stoves, electrical type things. So people just have to learn to turn them down and keep other things that are flammable away from the wood burning stoves," said the assistant chief of the Marlow Volunteer Fire Department.
Oliver Springs and Blair Volunteer fire departments assisted with the call.