Overnight fire destroys mobile home in Knox County

(WBIR) Flames early Saturday morning completely destroyed a mobile home in South Knox County, but the owner, who was asleep when the fire broke out, made it out safely.

Rural Metro's Jonathan Rood said flames had fully consumed the double wide mobile home on Cox Lane by the time crews showed up around 3 a.m. Saturday.

He said one person was sleeping in the home, but woke up and made it outside when the fire broke out

Rural Metro said a cause has yet to be determined. However, the home did not have any electricity and the owner was using kerosene heaters to stay warm.


To find out more about Facebook commenting please read the
Conversation Guidelines and FAQs

Leave a Comment