Two quick-thinking nursing students helped saved their professor's life when he collapsed during class.
Roane State Community College professor Bruce Borin went into cardiac arrest and collapsed shortly after he dismissed class last Tuesday night.
Gabriela Cataline, a pre-nursing student in Borin's class, jumped up to help him. After checking for a pulse, she flipped him over and began CPR.
Nearby nursing student Donna Ross also helped. They gave him CPR until another nursing professor came in with an AED, a portable electronic device that can shock the heart.
First responders arrived as the Roane State team administered the first shock.
Cataline says if they'd waited to start CPR, Borin might not have made it.
"It's life-changing being only 19 and having that to be the first person to do CPR on is life-changing. I was thinking, I went and saw him in the hospital. I was thinking wow, did this really happen? Am I dreaming?" she said.
Borin is out of Methodist Medical Center in Oak Ridge and recovering at home with his family.