Seymour family escapes early morning house fire

(WBIR) A Seymour family escaped their house after it caught fire early Saturday morning.

Three adults and two children safely ran out of their burning home on Fallen Oak Circle after their smoke alarm sounded.

Seymour firefighters responded to the fire at about 3:15 a.m., but had to call the Sevier County Fire Department for help. They were able to put out the fire quickly, containing the majority of the damage to the upstairs.

Crews said they think the fire started in the chimney.Red Cross is assisting the family with temporary shelter.


JOIN THE CONVERSATION

To find out more about Facebook commenting please read the
Conversation Guidelines and FAQs

Leave a Comment