No one hurt when Seymour funeral home caught fire

A funeral home in Seymour caught fire Wednesday afternoon.

Seymour firefighters said the air conditioning unit in Highland South Funeral Home overheated, which caught the roof on fire.

The funeral home off Chapman Highway was fully staffed when the fire happened, but everyone made it out safely. There were no services taking place at the time of the fire.

No one was hurt

The fire was quickly extinguished, but the chapel area was damaged by wet, falling sheetrock.. They will work to make repairs as quickly as possible, but it could take a couple of weeks. They may have to move any scheduled chapel services to Berry Funeral Home, which is just a few miles down the road.

The cemetery was not affected, and any scheduled burials will go on as planned.

There were no services going on when the fire started.


JOIN THE CONVERSATION

To find out more about Facebook commenting please read the
Conversation Guidelines and FAQs

Leave a Comment