Breakfast with Santa
Opie Joe's Breakfast with Santa at Panera Bread, Mercedes Place on Kingston Pike is Saturday, December 15th from 8am to 10am. You'll get your picture made with Santa, get to talk to him and Panera Bread is baking cookies the kids can decorate. Lots of special gifts too!
$5 per person with ALL proceeds benefiting East Tennessee Children's Hospital. Space is limited and you can make your reservation at www.Q93Country.com
Holiday Mail for Heroes
The American Red Cross is inviting the public to send messages of thanks and holiday cheer until December 7 by mailing them to:
Holiday Mail for Heroes
P.O. Box 5456
Capitol Heights, MD 20791-5456
To ensure that cards are delivered in time for the holidays, they must be postmarked no later than December 7. Individuals are asked to refrain from sending "care packages," monetary donations, or using glitter or any other kinds of inserts with the cards. More information and card requirements are at redcross.org/holidaymail.
The Red Cross and Pitney Bowes have received and distributed more than 4.7 million cards for members of the U.S. Armed Forces, veterans and their families since the program began in 2006.
Christmas from the East Parade
"No Greater Love than Jesus"
Saturday Dec. 8, 2012
Line- Up 1:45pm
Jarnigan & Sons Mortuary)
Parade Begins- 3pm
(Ends at Dr. Walter Hardy Park)
Presented by Loving Our Community
Santa Hustle Half Marathon
2nd Annual Santa Hustle being held at Wilderness at the Smokies resort in Sevierville on Sunday, December 9 at 8 am.
- Santa Hustle is a holiday-themed Half Marathon and 5K with participants wearing Santa hats and beards, along with custom Santa shirts
- There will be a large after party at Wilderness, featuring milk and cookies
- "Reindeer" rides will be available for kids
- All participants and spectators are asked to bring a new, unwrapped toy to donate to Toys for Tots - there will be Marines on hand taking these donations.
- Racers are asked to pick up their pre-race packets on Saturday at Wilderness and to get there early on Sunday morning as roads around the resort will begin to close at 7:30 a.m.
- More information can be found at www.santahustlesmokies.com or by calling 877-325-9453.
Miss Olivia's Table
Miss Olivia's Table is located at 1108 W Broadway Avenue in Maryville, phone is (865) 983-7711
Tour de Lights
Tour de Lights at Market Square in Downtown Knoxville
Pre-ride activities begin at 6:00 p.m.
Ride begins at 7:00 p.m.
Admission is free and open to the public (helmets and headlights are required)
This event is sponsored by City of Knoxville and the Knoxville Regional Bicycle Program.
www.knoxtrans.org (865) 215-3815