1) The community is welcome to show support for fallen Knoxville Police Department Officer David Munson during a procession from Chilhowee Hills Baptist Church on Asheville Highway to Atchley's Seymour Memory Gardens in Seymour. The procession is expected to begin at 12:15 p.m.For more information on the route, click here.
2) Bill Landry of the Hearland Series will be the guest speaker at the 2013 Sevier County Public Library Systems Rel and Wilma Maples History and Genealogy Conference Friday at 12:00 p.m. He will be speaking on the importance of family stories to preserving family history. For more information, call 865-365-1432.
3) The guy who drives the big red sleigh is in town at Tinsel and Treasure sponsored by the the Junior League of Knoxville at the Knoxville Convention Center Friday through Sunday. Kids will have the opportunity to take pictures with Santa Claus at this event. For more information click here.
4) Knox County Mayor Tim Burchett invites everyone to have a dutch treat lunch with him at Kay's Ice Cream in south Knoxville Friday from 12:00 p.m. to 1:30 p.m. This regular event offers county residents the chance to talk one-on-one with the mayor. Kay's is located on 6200 Chapman Highway.
5) People living around Watts Bar Nuclear Plant may hear sirens Friday as part of the second day of a multi-agency nuclear emergency exercise. McMinn, Meigs, and Rhea County residents may also see emergency responders participating in the drill. Thursday was the first day of the exercises.