People across East Tennessee are looking for ways to help Hurricane Harvey victims.
The storm was classified as a Category 4 hurricane and the aftermath is leaving many without the necessary supplies they need. Those impacted by the hurricane need bottle water and monetary donations.
The American Red Cross is asking for monetary donations to assist storm victims. You can make a donation by clicking here, by calling 1-800-HELP NOW (1-800-435-7669), or to make an automatic $10 donation by texting HARVEY to 90999.
WBIR held a telethon with the American Red Cross Monday night which raised more than $20,000.
MORE: Ways to help nationwide
Below is a running list of organizations that are collecting supplies and looking for volunteers.
Ways to donate money:
- Hurricane Harvey Relief Fund
- RAM USA
- Salvation Army's Knoxville Area Command: by phone to 1-800-SAL-ARMY, by mail to The Salvation Army PO BOX 1959 Atlanta, GA 30301. Please designate 'Hurricane Harvey' on all checks. To receive a donation link via text please text STORM to 51555.
- Food City will be taking donations at the register, asking customers if they would like to donate to the Hurricane Harvey relief effort at checkout between Aug. 30 to Sept. 6. The donations will be split between the Houston Food Bank, Salvation Army and the Samaritan's Purse.
Where you can donate supplies:
Hepperly Auto Sales accepting bottled water: 2313 E Lamar Alexander Pkwy, Maryville, TN 37804 - (865) 238-2968
Rio Revolution accepting bottled water: 3419 E Lamar Alexander Pkwy, Maryville, TN 37804 - (865) 984-9200
RAM Headquarters: 2200 Stock Creek Blvd, Rockford, TN 37853 - (865) 579-2555
- RAM has asked not to drop off clothing
- You can drop off the following: Plastic totes, bleach, flashlights/batteries, mops/brooms/shovels, baby diapers, Gatorade/Powerade/water, dog/cat food, hygiene items
Knoxville Pay if Forward and Star Construction are filling a semi truck with supplies for Texas. It will leave Knoxville on Monday. Drop off location at 8523 Asheville Hwy.
- They have asked not to send clothes or bottled water
- Items they are accepting: hygiene products or packs, tooth brushes & toothpaste, mouthwash combs, hair brushes, Wet wipes, deodorants, baby formula. diapers, pet tood, air mattress or cots, new socks and underwear, cleaning supplies, mops and brooms, laundry detergent
Community-wide effort in Roane County, accepting donations from 9 a.m. 8: p.m. at The Grove Church, located at 407 Old Johnson Valley Rd. Kingston TN 37763
are being collected at the main drop off location and loaded on the truck
How you can volunteer:
- Remote Area Medical is looking for physicians, nurses, EMT’s, paramedics, veterinarians, truck drivers, general support, and volunteers with flat bottom boats who are ready to do heavy lifting to help those affected by the hurricane. Volunteers will need to bring tents, sleeping bag, food, and supplies for the duration of their time volunteering. Volunteers will be responsible for all of their travel expenses. Please do not make travel arrangements until you have corresponded with a RAM volunteer representative and they have specifically instructed you to move forward with plans. If you wish to volunteer, please contact our volunteer team at email@example.com or call 865-579-1530.
- Volunteer East Tennessee is working with the American Red Cross. They will hold a two-day boot camp on Tuesday and Wednesday. Click here for more information.
© 2017 WBIR.COM