Motel president charged in deaths of three guests

The president of a company that owns a Boone, North Carolina motel is facing felony charges after poisonous gas killed three people in their rooms.

Back in June, an 11-year-old staying in the hotel room died from carbon monoxide poisoning. His mother almost died. In April, the toxic gas also killed an elderly couple.

Investigators found a faulty swimming pool heater at the hotel allowed the gas to seep into a motel room.

A grand jury charged the owner with three counts of involuntary manslaughter and an additional charge for inflicting serious bodily injury.


JOIN THE CONVERSATION

To find out more about Facebook commenting please read the
Conversation Guidelines and FAQs

Leave a Comment