Rice Crispy Treat Easter Egg Bouquets
1. Make one recipe of treats or purchase already made treats
2. Using a plastic egg and spray the inside of eggs with nonstick spray.
3. Fill with treats and press the two halves together. Carefully remove the eggs and decorate with candy or sprinkles and place on a shish kabob skewer *you can use some greens to fill in around skewers in a vase to stabilize)
Note: To make more styles try dipping some in chocolate or mixing different flavors of treats for a swirled look
Colorful Deviled Eggs
1. Boil eggs, cool then remove shell.
2. Slice in half and remove yolk..dip whites in dye...fill eggs with deviled egg mixture (I use the yolks, mayonnaise, mustard, vinegar, Worcestershire and sprinkle with paprika).
Note: You can also cut off the top of the eggs and carefully remove the yolk.
3. Make deviled egg mixture and refill then place the top on part way and decorate using a carrot sliver or candy to make a beak and eyes
Personal Egg Cakes
1. Make a white cake but bake into two 9 x 13 pans...it will bake fast about 12-15 minutes.
2. Use a cookie cutter to make eggs shapes.
3. Fill with bright yellow frosting. chill so that the will frost without too much crumbing.
4. Frost the outside and then decorate or coat with melted chocolate and sprinkles
Jelly bean brittle
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup corn syrup
Microwave for 3 minutes
Add 1 tsp butter and 1 tsp vanilla
Add 1 tsp baking soda and stir quickly
Pour over jelly beans laid out in a single layer on a sprayed cookie Sheet...cool the break into pieces.
White chocolate cream eggs
1/2 cup melted butter
2 cups finely chopped pecans
3 cups confectioners sugar
2/3 cup sweetened condensed milk
1 tsp vanilla
8 oz white chocolate
Paste food colors diluted
Stir all ingredients together and chill 2 to 3 hours.
Shape into desired shapes cover and refrigerate overnight.
Dip pieces into melted chocolate
To speckle eggs crumple a square of wax paper and dip into food color blot.
Connie's Kitchen is located at 10231 Chapman Hwy in Seymour, Phone is (865) 577-1992 or visit www.connieskitchentn.com