KNOXVILLE (WBIR) - Vols coach Butch Jones was much more pleased with Tennessee's focus in Practice No. 5, than he was in Practice No. 4 on Monday.
On Monday Jones did not let players make scheduled media interviews, saying it was an "honor and a privilege" to represent the University of Tennessee.
Jones said he was happy with the players' focus coming in to 7:30 a.m., meetings on Tuesday, and their competitiveness through a hot practice in the afternoon.
- The Vols worked on situational football at Haslam Field, with 3rd and shorts, 3rd and 1, 3rd and 2.
- Tennessee also began installing Red Zone packages on offense.
- Members of the team participated in 1-on-1 pass-catching drills.
- It was the Vols first day practicing in full pads.
- In the team's "Tennessee Tough" period the defense won 102-92.
- The Vols will not hold a traditional practice on Wednesday, but will spend time in the weight room.
- Junior receiver Cody Blanc will not play this season. An MRI revealed the Central HS grad tore his Achilles' tendon in Friday's opening practice. Blanc had one reception for 43 yards in 2013 at Alabama.
WBIR 10 Sports reporter Courtney Lyle goes 1-on-1 with WR Josh Smith:
Safety LaDarrell McNeil meets the media after practice