'Hunger Games' star Jennifer Lawrence is far and away the leader of IMDb's Top 100 Stars of the Year survey, out Tuesday.
Jennifer Lawrence continues to smolder.
The star of The Hunger Games: Catching Fire and American Hustle (out Dec. 20) will top IMDb's list of the Top 100 Stars of the Year when the film/TV website releases its annual survey Tuesday.
The survey, based on stars' page views, finds that:
No actor comes close to Lawrence's popularity — she received 89% more page views than runner-up Chloë Grace Moretz (
).Television is yielding hotter faces than ever, contributing six of the 10 fastest-rising stars in the survey. Pitch Perfect continues to resonate with viewers, even though the musical film left theaters last year.
The survey also became an unlikely measure of fan grief, as Paul Walker's death sparked a flurry of visits to his IMDb page and made the late actor No. 3 on the "top emerging stars" list. That index is devoted to stars who made their first appearance on the Top 100 list in 2013.
"He had always been popular and around the top 100 stars" on the survey, says IMDb managing editor Keith Simanton. "When he died, we saw a flurry of activity as people scrolled through his photos, posted condolences. It was touching."
While IMDb does not release raw data on page views, the survey, conducted regularly since 2004, drew from more than 160 million monthly unique users, the internet's largest film and TV database.
Lawrence was the clear winner in the survey, which also held some surprises, including Anna Kendrick at No. 6.
"She didn't appear in a blockbuster film in 2013," Simanton says. "But once Pitch Perfect (last year's musical that did $65 million) hit home video, she was huge." Co-star Rebel Wilson got a boost as well, landing at No. 8 among emerging stars.
Sons of Anarchy star Charlie Hunnam led a wave of a half-dozen TV actors to make the emerging stars list, including Breaking Bad's Aaron Paul.
But all stars pale compared to Lawrence, last year's No. 2 top star.
"Some years, you'll see a star get 50% more votes than No. 2," Simanton says. "But 89%? We've never seen numbers like that."
IMDb's Top 10 Stars of 2013:
1. Jennifer Lawrence (The Hunger Games: Catching Fire, American Hustle)
2. Chloë Grace Moretz (Carrie)
3. Leonardo DiCaprio (The Great Gatsby, The Wolf of Wall Street)
4. Ryan Gosling (Gangster Squad)
5. Tom Hardy (The Dark Knight Rises)
6. Anna Kendrick (Pitch Perfect)
7. Johnny Depp (The Lone Ranger)
8. Henry Cavill (Man of Steel)
9. Chris Hemsworth (Thor: The Dark World)
10. Benedict Cumberbatch (Star Trek Into Darkness, The Hobbit)
*List determined by total page views in 2013.
Top 10 emerging stars
1. Charlie Hunnam (#14 overall; Sons of Anarchy)
2. Nicholas Hoult (#26 overall; Warm Bodies)
3. Paul Walker (#61 overall; Fast & Furious 6)
4. Shailene Woodley (#64 overall; The Secret Life of the American Teenager)
5. Aaron Paul (#66 overall; Breaking Bad)
6. Karl Urban (#69 overall; Almost Human)
7. Logan Lerman (#73 overall; Percy Jackson: Sea of Monsters)
8. Rebel Wilson (#75 overall; Pitch Perfect)
9. Natalie Dormer (#85 overall; Game of Thrones)
10. Dave Franco (#86 overall; Now You See Me)
*Stars who appeared on the Top 100 chart for the first time in 2013.