The Tennessee Valley Authority's seasonal campgrounds are now open for the 2014 recreation season.
"TVA provides recreation opportunities across the Tennessee Valley region as part of our mission," said Rebecca Tolene, TVA vice president of Natural Resources and Real Property Services. "Regional tourism spending by visitors to TVA-managed recreation facilities and the hundreds of campgrounds and marinas run by commercial and public operators contribute significantly to local economies."
TVA runs more than 80 public recreation areas, including campgrounds, day-use areas and boat ramps.
TVA-managed campgrounds that will open on March 14 and will remain open until Nov. 17 are.
- Cherokee Dam - Cherokee Reservoir in Jefferson City, Tenn.
- Douglas Dam Headwater - Douglas Reservoir near Sevierville, Tenn.
- Douglas Dam Tailwater - Douglas Reservoir near Sevierville, Tenn.
- Melton Hill Dam - Melton Hill Reservoir near Oak Ridge, Tenn.
- Pickwick Dam Tailwater - Pickwick Reservoir near Savannah, Tenn.
- Watauga Dam Tailwater - Watauga Reservoir near Elizabethton, Tenn.
There are 355 campsites at those six campgrounds that can accommodate tent and RV camping. More information can be found at www.tva.com/river/recreation.