1 lb shrimp (peeled,cleaned and de-veined)
2 whole dry red chili
1 small cinnamon stick
1 bay leaf
1 small onion finely chopped
1/2 cup Fresh grated coconut
2 green chillies
1tsp ginger garlic paste
1/4 tsp turmeric
1/2 tsp red chili powder
1tsp cumin coriander powder
Salt to taste
1. Heat a tbsp oil in skillet. Add cinnamon stick, cloves, dry red chili and bay leaf. Give a quick sauté and add finely chopped onions.
2. Sauté until oil separates. To that add grated coconut blended with green chili and cilantro. Cook for 3-4 mins.
3. Add turmeric, red chili powder and cumin coriander to above mixture. Sauté for another minute.
4. Add fresh tomato paste and let cook for 3 minutes.
5. Stir in shrimp marinated in turmeric and salt.
6. Add water as needed and cook until shrimp is completely cooked.
7. Garnish with cilantro and fresh coconut.
8. Serve with rice.
Presented by: Smita Borole
Date: April 14, 2014