Cook time: 5 minutes
Prep time: 10 minutes
Serves: 2 - 4
- 1 large head of organic broccoli
- 1/2 cup of organic red miso paste
- 1/2 cup of Joyva Sesame Tahini
- 2 oz. of purified water
- 1 - 2 cloves of organic garlic
- 1 tbsp of Eden Organic Seaweed Gomasio or Bragg's Organic Sprinkle
- Clean and rinse all your broccoli and strain in a colander.
- Cut about 1 inch off the bottom of the steam and put in your compost.
- Cut broccoli into 1/2 inch or inch pieces. Use all the steams and florets! They're really good for you.
- Place broccoli pieces in a stainless steel steamer basket in a large pot.
- Steam for 5 minutes or until bright green. Try not to over cook your broccoli so you don't destroy all that Vitamin C.
- While your broccoli is steaming, place miso, tahini, garlic and water in a food processor and blend until smooth. You don't even have to remove the garlic "paper". The papery thin garlic shell actually has tons of immune health benefits and keeping it on saves you time. (Add more water to the sauce if you need to.)
- Remove broccoli from steamer and place in a large serving bowl.
- Pour sesame miso sauce over the broccoli and toss to cover evenly.
- Sprinkle gomasio or Bragg's over the top and serve!
Presented By: Bri Lamberson
Date: July 28, 2014