Skillet Baked Candy Bar Stuffed Double Cookie a la mode with Bourbon Caramel Sauce
• 1 - 16 ounce roll sugar cookie dough
• 1 stick (8 tablespoons) unsalted, softened butter
• 1/2 cup granulated sugar
• 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
• 1 large egg
• 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
• 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
• 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
• 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
• 1 1/4 cups chocolate chips
• 12-15 pieces of your favorite candy bars
• Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray a 10 or 12-inch cast iron skillet with cooking spray.
• Unwrap and press sugar cookie dough into bottom of skillet.
• Top with your favorite candy bars.
• Place butter and sugars into a large bowl and cream until light and fluffy. Add egg and vanilla, beating until well combined.
• Slowly add flour, salt and baking soda stirring until nearly all combined. Add chips and stir to combine. Use this cookie dough to top over candy bars, pressing evenly.
• Bake for 25-35 minutes, until golden and baked through.
• Let cool completely before cutting into wedges
Bourbon Caramel Sauce
• 1 cup sugar (+ 1/4 cup water)
• ½ cup heavy cream
• 1 Tbsp bourbon*
• pinch of salt (optional)
• Simmer sugar and ¼ cup water on medium heat, swirling pan NOT stirring for about 15 minutes or until a deep amber color is
reached. Watch closely as not to let it burn.
• Turn off burner and remove from heat and slowly add cream while stirring.
• Add pinch of salt and bourbon and place back on still-warm burner for another minute while stirring.
• Transfer to a heat-safe dish or bottle and let cool
Presented by Shona House, Faith Baked Cakes