1 can Pillsbury refrigerated crusty French bread
1 bag (11.8 oz) Green Giant Seasoned Steamers Tuscan seasoned broccoli
3 cups coarsely chopped fresh kale
3 cups milk
3/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons crumbled goat cheese (3.5 oz)
1/3 cup basil pesto
1. Heat oven to 350 F. Bake loaf as directed on the can; cool 10 minutes. Spray 13x9-inch pan or 13x9-inch (3 quart)
ceramic baking dish with Crisco Original No-Stick Cooking Spray.
2. Meanwhile, microwave frozen broccoli on High 1 to 3 minutes or until partially thawed. Chop into small bite-size pieces. In 12-inch nonstick skillet, cook broccoli and kale over medium-high heat for 3-5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until kale is tender. Spread evenly in pan.
3. In large bowl, mix eggs, milk, 3/4 cup of the goat cheese, 1 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper until well blended. Cut off and reserve 1/3 of the French loaf. Cut remaining loaf into 3/4-inch cubes. Sprinkle bread cubes over broccoli mixture. Pour egg mixture over bread, pressing bread into egg mixture.
4. Bake uncovered 30 minutes. Cover with foil: bake 8 to 15 minutes longer or until knife inserted in center comes out clean. Remove from oven. Set oven to Broil.
5. Meanwhile, tear reserved French loaf into chunks, place in food processor. Cover, process with on-and-off pulses until consistency of coarse bread crumbs. In medium bowl, mix bread crumbs and pesto. Sprinkle mixture evenly over strata.
6. Broil 4 to 6 inches from heat 1 to 2 minutes or until golden brown. Sprinkle with remaining 2 tablespoons goat cheese. Cool 10 minutes.
Servings: 12; Prep Time: 30 minutes; Total Time: 1 hour, 30 minutes
Presented by Kim Hookman, Pillsbury Bake-Off Finalist