Jessica Lundgaard, co-owner of Sugarful, show us how to make pumpkin cake.
- Yellow dry cake mix - 1 box
- Eggs - 4
- Granulated sugar - 1/2 cup
- Dark brown sugar - 1/2 cup
- Large can raw pumpkin - 29 oz
- Margarine - 3/4 cup
- Ground cinnamon - 2 teaspoons
- Allspice - 1 teaspoon
- Milk - 2/3 cup
- Walnuts - 1/2 to 1 cup
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Set aside 1 cup of yellow cake mix. Grease a 13" x 9" pan.
- Beat 1 egg, 1/2 cup margarine and remaining cake mix until smooth.
- Press cake mixture into bottom of greased pan.
- Stir raw pumpkin, cinnamon, allspice, brown sugar, milk, and remaining eggs until creamy.
- Pour evenly over pressed cake mixture.
- Mix, set aside cup of dry cake mix, granulated sugar, remaining margarine, and nuts until crumbly.
- Sprinkle nut mixture over the poured pumpkin mixture.
- Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 1 hour until golden.
- Let cool for 10 minutes. Serve with whipped cream, ice cream or by itself.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Bake time: 1 hour
Serves: 16 people
Presented by: Sugarful