Paleo Chocolate Molten Lava Cakes WBIR
Sugar Free, Dairy Free, Gluten Free
- 4 oz 73%+ chocolate bar
- 5 Tbsp coconut oil
- 4 tsp coconut flour
- 2 tsp cocoa powder
- 1/8 tsp sea salt
- 2 eggs
- 2 egg yolks
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 50 drops liquid stevia (more/less to taste)
- 1.) Grease 4, 6-ounce ramekins with coconut oil and dust with cocoa powder and set aside. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- 2.) Melt together the chocolate and coconut oil. Set chocolate aside to cool slightly.
- 3.) Add the coconut flour, cocoa powder, and sea salt to the melted chocolate and stir to combine.
- 4.) In a separate bowl, whisk the eggs and egg yolks until smooth. Whisk in the vanilla and liquid stevia. Add the egg mixture into the chocolate mixture, stirring gently with a spatula until well incorporated.
- 5.) Pour batter evenly into 4 greased/dusted ramekins and bake for 9-12 minutes, or until desired doneness is achieved. The edges should be firm but the center jiggly (not liquid) when you touch it. Remove from oven. Let cool for 2 minutes, then using a hot pad, turn ramekin upside onto a plate and give a little shake. The cake should easily come out of ramekin.
- The cook time will vary depending on the accuracy of your oven, your altitude, and humidity.
Presented by: Courtney Holden, The Health Factory
Air Date: February 6, 2014