Anissa Shull from Tellico Grains shows us how to make her classic banana walnut bread.
2 large eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla
4 ounces (1 stick) butter, room temperature
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/3 cup brown sugar
1 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
3/4 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1/2 cup walnuts plus some to sprinkle on top (optional)
Preheat oven to 375
1. Mash bananas, eggs, and vanilla in a small bowl and set aside.
2. Sift together baking soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, and flour in a medium bowl and set aside.
3. Cream butter and both sugars in a stand mixer or with a hand held mixer until light and fluffy.
4. Add 1/3 of flour mixture to creamed butter mixture on low speed until all flour is absorbed.
5. Add half of banana/ egg mixture to the creamed butter mixture on low speed until no shiny streaks are visible.
6. Add another 1/3 of flour mixture to creamed mixture on low speed until absorbed.
7. Add last half of banana mixture to creamed mixture on low speed until no shiny streaks visible.
8. Add remainder of flour mixture on low speed until just absorbed.
9. Add walnuts on low speed until evenly distributed.
10. Scoop into well sprayed loaf pans, about half full or muffin tins, about 3/4 full and sprinkle with walnuts and sugar.
11. Baking time will depend on baking vessel, banana bread is done when center of bread springs back when you touch it.