Serves 8- 4 oz portions
· 16 oz part skim ricotta
· 16 oz lowfat greek yogurt
· 6 tbsp. sugar
· 2 tsp. lemon juice
· 1 vanilla bean, scraped
· Pinch of salt
· ¼ cup unsalted shelled pistachios
· ¼ cup finely chopped dried fruit (figs, dates, apricots)
· ¼ tsp. cinnamon
· 2 tsp. sugar
· Roughly chop nuts and fruit with a knife.
· Pre heat a dry sauté pan over medium heat, add nuts and fruit, toss in pan to lightly toast nuts.
· Add sugar and cinnamon, toss until coated and sugar is dissolved. Spread on a plate or tray and allow to cool to room temperature.
· In a food processor add al ingredients and process until smooth, about 3-4 minutes.
· Pour into eight half cup servings and allow to chill for at least 4 hours.
· Top with nut mixture prior to service.
Presented by: Chef Mark McKinney, UT Medical center Healthy Living Kitchen
Air Date: February 27, 2014
Chef McKinney makes a lemon cheesecake mousse with pistachio and dried fruit topping WBIR