Captain D.J. Corcoran with the Knoxville Fire Department shares his recipe for Spicy Avocado Fries.
1 cup Panko bread crumbs
2 Tbs. Ground Flax
1 Tsp. Chili Powder
* Combine breadcrumbs, chili powder, and ground flax, place in bowl.
* In separate bowl whisk one egg.
* Dip peeled avocado slices in egg, then in breadcrumb mixture.
* Place on cooking sheet in preheated 400 degree oven for 15 minutes, until crisp.
* Serve with favorite hot sauce.
The Knoxville Fire Department has a smoke alarm program that will provide free detectors, installed by members of the department, inside the city of Knoxville. For information call the city's 3-1-1 number.