Chef Gary from Naples Italian restuarant makes grilled veggie napoleon.
- 2 zucchini
- ¼ lb. smoked sliced Gouda
- 2 yellow squash
- ¼ lb. fresh basil leaves
- 4 Roma tomatoes
- 1 bunch green onions
- ¼ lb. Manchego cheese
- 2 red bell peppers
- 2 portabella mushrooms
- 2 red onions
- ½ cup olive oil
1. Combine olive oil and all spices in a large bowl and mix
2. Slice zucchini, squash tomatoes, red peppers, onions and mushrooms lengthwise into 1/3 inch slices
3. Coat vegetables in spices olive oil mixture and drain excess
4. Grill all vegetables then cool.
5. Layer vegetables, basil leaves and gouda cheese in alternating layers then bake at 325 degrees until cheese begins to melt and Napoleon is hot then serve with roasted pepper sour cream, grill green onions and Manchago cheese.
For the Roasted Red Pepper Sour Cream:
1 cup sour cream
Puree of roasted red bell pepper
Salt and pepper to taste
Presented by Naples