- 2/3 cup warm water
- 1/3 cup brewed coffee, hot or warm
- 2 tablespoons canned pumpkin puree (NOT pumpkin pie mix!)
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil, melted
- 1/4 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 cup raw quinoa
- 1/2 cup raw pecans, chopped
- 2 tablespoons almond flour
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon coconut flour
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Pinch of salt
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- Prehead oven to 350 F.
- Add water, coffee, pumpkin puree, maple syrup, coconut oil, vanilla, and pumpkin pie spice to a 4-cup casserole dish. Stir to combine. Then add quinoa.
- Cover and bake for 45-50 minutes until most of the liquid is gone. There should still be some liquid left and the quinoa should be just about cooked.
- Meanwhile, add pecans, almond flour, maple syrup, coconut flour, cinnamon and salt to a small bowl. Mix to combine, then mix in coconut oil. Place the bowl in freezer until ready to use.
- Once casserole is complete, remove from oven, take off the cover and top with the crumbled topping. Return to oven, uncovered and bake 12-15 minutes until topping browns.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Presented by: Mike Witcher