Orange and White Buttercream Cookies
- Large cookies
- 1 package of powdered sugar
- 1 pound of butter
- 1 tablespoon of milk
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla
- Small tootsie rolls
- Put room temperature butter in mixing bowl, and beat until smooth.
- Add sugar, beat until mixed
- Add 2 tablespoons of milk, and beat until smooth and fluffy.
- Add food color as desired.
- If mixture is too thick, add more milk.
- Soften tootsie rolls in microwave for 5 seconds. Shape into footballs. Decorate with white sprinkles.
- Take one cookie and fill white, then orange.
- Put another cookie on top.
- Put a dot of frosting on the cookie to secure it to the football
Orange and White Skewers
- Melon balls
- Mozzarella ball (marinated)
- Sausage cubes
- Orange tomatoes
- Fresh basil leaves
Stack on wooden skewers
Presented by Kim Wilcox at It's So Yummy Cafe
Kim Wilcox makes some spirited sandwiches and delicious desserts in honor of the Orange and White game.