- 1 Pound steak
- 24 fresh tortillas
- 4 Onzas Mozarella cheese
- 4 Onzas Cotija Chesse
- 4 Serrano chiles, thinly sliced
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- Pico de Gallo
- Chipotle Salsa
- Cilantro Sprigs
- Cut the meat in to six pieces and toss with the marinade. Refrigerate and let marinate for several hours or overnight. Grill the meat over a hot fire until it is done to your liking.
- Heat an ungreased heavy griddle or comal. Lay out 6 tortillas and sprinkle cheese on top. Scatter Serrano chiles and green onions over the cheese, then cover each with a second tortilla. Cook on both sides until the cheese is melted.
- To assemble the tacos, put 1 tablespoon of carne asada and top with a spoonful each of pico de gallo and chipotle salsa. Sprinkle over 1 teaspoon grated cotixa cheese and top with a couple of cilantro springs. Roll the taco around the filling and secure it with a toothpick. Eat over a plate so you don't lose anything.
Carne Asada Marinade
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
Combine all the ingredients in a small bowl.