Prepared by Becca Hughes
1 can (19 ounces) chickpeas (garbanzo beans), rinsed and drained
1 garlic clove, peeled and chopped
2 tablespoons smooth peanut butter (preferably unsweetened, but conventional is fine too)
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, plus extra for drizzling
2 tablespoons juice from 1 lemon
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
1/4 cup of chopped peanuts (optional, for serving)
Pinch of smoked, hot paprika (optional, for serving)
- Place the chickpeas, garlic, peanut butter, and lemon juice in a food processor and process until smooth. Slowly drizzle in olive oil with processor running. If necessary, add water by the tablespoon in between pulses until the desired texture is reached. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Transfer the hummus to a serving bowl and sprinkle the chopped peanuts and then the paprika on top, if desired. Drizzle with additional olive oil if desired. Serve with warm flatbread and vegetables.
Crispy Bean Tots Ingredients:
2 can drained Chickpeas (Garbanzo Beans) Canned
1 large Egg
1 clove Garlic
1 cup, crumbs Panko (Japanese Bread Crumbs)
1/3 cup, chopped Onion
1/2 tsp Salt
1/4 tsp, ground Black Pepper
1/2 cup, diced cheddar cheese
- Pre-heat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Drain and rinse beans. In food processor, combine all ingredients. pulse until smooth.
- Remove from food processor, and form into a roll. Slice into small pieces. Form tots by rolling into between your hands, and then flattening the top and bottom.
- Bake tots for 10 minutes on one side. Turn the tots over and bake for an additional 5 minutes, until they are golden and crispy.
- Serve with your favorite dipping sauce.
Presented by Becca Hughes