Tomato Head's Strawberry Parfait:
- 1 quart strawberries, washed, stemmed and quartered
- 1.5 cup sour cream
- 1.5 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup plus 2 Tbl powdered sugar
- Your favorite Sugar cookie dough
- Make your favorite sugar cookie dough.
- Scoop the cookies out into small balls onto a cookie sheet and bake the cookies for 10 – 12 minutes or until done.
- Ideally the cookies will bake up to the size of a half dollar.
- You will need 3 cookies per parfait.
- Allow cookies to cool.
- While the cookies are baking, wash, stem and quarter the strawberries and set aside.
- In a medium bowl mix the sour cream, heavy cream, and powdered sugar together with a whisk or hand mixer, until smooth.
To assemble the parfaits:
- Place 1 small cookie in the bottom of a glass or bowl.
- Top with about ¼ cup of sliced strawberries followed by ¼ cup of the sour cream mixture.
- Place another cookie on top of the sour cream mixture and repeat the process.
- Place one more cookie on top and top with ¼ cup more of the sour cream mixture.
- Parfaits can be assembled up to 6 hours before, or can be eaten immediately.
Presented by: Tomato Head