Anissa from Tellico Grains shows us how to make home-made graham cracker crust.
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3.5 ounces room temperature butter
- 1/3 cup honey
- 5 tablespoons milk
- 2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper and spray with non stick spray.
- Sift dry ingredients into large bowl.
- Pinch butter into flour mixture with finger tips until evenly distributed.
- Mix honey, milk and vanilla together in small bowl and add to flour-butter mixture.
- Fold with spatula until mixture starts sticking together.
- Pour crumbly mixture onto cookie sheet, press into a shallow layer. Use finger tips to make dimples in dough.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes until dough turns crispy and brown around the edges, and golden brown in the center.
- Center should feel firm to the touch when done.
- Let cool.
- Break into pieces and add to food processor. Don't add all at once.
- Process until it turns into fine crumbs.
- Store in gallon ziploc bag in freezer.
*When you need to make a crust, use 1 1/4 cups graham cracker crumbs mixed with 1/3 cup melted butter.