White bean and avocado wrap
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped canned chipotle chile in adobo sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups shredded red cabbage
- 1 medium carrot, shredded
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 15-oz can white beans, rinsed
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1/2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons minced red onion
- Whisk vinegar, oil, chipotle chile and salt in a medium bowl. Add cabbage, carrot and cilantro; toss to combine.
- Mash beans and avocado in another medium bowl with a potato masher or fork. Stir in cheese and onion.
- To assemble wraps, spread about 1/2 cup of the bean-avocado mix onto a wrap or tortilla and top with about 2/3 cup of the cabbage carrot slaw. Roll up and repeat with remaining ingredients.
Presented by: Charity Menefee, Regional Hospital Coordinator at Emergency Preparedness Dept.