10 Servings; Prep: 20 minutes; Bake: 25 minutes
· 8 to 10 medium potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
· 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
· 1-1/4 cups milk
· 1 envelope ranch salad dressing mix
· 1-1/4 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese, divided
· Salt and pepper to taste
· 6 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
Place potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil; cook for 10 minutes or until almost tender. Drain; place in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. In a large bowl, combine the soup, milk, salad dressing mix, 1 cup cheese, salt and pepper; pour over potatoes. Top with bacon and remaining cheese.
Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Yield: 10 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 221 calories, 8 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 24 mg cholesterol, 604 mg sodium, 29 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 8 g protein.
Recipe from "Taste of Home"
Presented by Austin East Culinary Arts Program