Based on Ina Garten's recipe Total Time: 20 minutes
Yield: 4 to 6 servings Level: Easy
· 1 hothouse or English cucumber, not peeled
· 2 red bell peppers, cored and seeded
· 4 plum tomatoes
· 1 red onion
· 3 garlic cloves, minced
· 24 ounces tomato juice-low sodium (3 cups)
· 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
· 1/4 cup olive oil
· Salt to taste
· 1 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
Roughly chop the cucumbers, bell peppers, tomatoes, and red onions into 1-inch cubes. Put each vegetable separately into a food processor fitted with a steel blade and pulse until it is coarsely chopped. Do not over process!
After each vegetable is processed, combine them in a large bowl and add the garlic, tomato juice, vinegar, olive oil, salt, and pepper. Mix well and chill before serving. The longer gazpacho sits, the more the flavors develop.
Presented by Linda Quimby, UT Medical Center