Happening in a galaxy not so far away: Star Wars: Episode VII is already shooting, according to Disney Studios Chairman Alan Horn.
Horn told a Hollywood Reporter interviewer on April 2 that not only was the initial production for the film already ongoing, but casting was nearly complete for the film due in theaters in 2015.
"We're actually shooting some of it now," said Horn. "We're up against it."
Horn mentioned that the screenplay by Michael Arndt (early draft), Lawrence Kasdan and director J.J. Abrams was paramount, especially given the amount of time since 1983's Star Wars: Episode VI — Return of the Jedi left off.
"It's all about the screenplay," said Horn.
But the studio honcho gave precious view details about the upcoming production.
When asked for even a clue about the much-discussed casting for the film, Horn broke into Yoda mode. "Patience you must have," he said.
Horn also gave a talk about Star Wars: Episode VII at Cinemacon in Las Vegas on March 26.