Local celebrities will once again don their dancing shoes to raise money for Children's Hospital.
The 6th annual Dancing with the Knoxville Stars is set for March 22 at the Grande Event Center, next to the I-75 Expo Center. You will see local personalities team up with professional dancers from Dance Tonight for a ballroom dance competition..
2014 Knoxville area celebrities include:
- Jonathan "J.J." Jones- WBIR feature reporter
- Erin Barnett- WVLT morning news anchor
- Tyrone Beach- Star 102.1 morning show producer
- Lori Gano- contractor/designer, owner- Heritage Homes & Designs, former model, ABC Extreme Makeover Home Edition lead project manager
- Hayley Harmon- WATE news anchor/reporter
- Carly Harrington- Knoxville News Sentinel business reporter
- Courtney Fulmer Peace- stay at home mom, daughter of former UT Football Coach Phillip Fulmer
- Wolfgang Schaber- interior designer/owner- Wolfgang Interiors, co-hosted Food Network's Kitchen Accomplished, HGTV's Designers' Challenge winner
- Kendall Shulz- Miss Knoxville 2014
- Nikki Rouleau- Jewelry Television host
- Davis Tarwater- United States Olympian 2012 Gold Medalist, swimming
Tickets are $50 in advance, $60 at the door, to attend the event, which includes heavy hors d'oeuvres. Tickets can be purchased online at www.etch.com. You can also purchase tickets by calling the Children's Hospital
You can help your favorite celebrity win the fundraising portion of the event by casting votes online, for $1 a piece. The contestants will also be collecting money from the crowd during the event.
Of course, we'd love for you to support JJ, as he dances for Children's Hospital, by clicking here.
10News Today and Live at Five @4 anchor Russell Biven won both the fundraising and performance prizes at last year's Dancing with the Knoxville Stars.