SHARE 11 1 COMMENTMORE

Loretta Lynn suffered minor burns to her hands while putting out a small fire at her Hurricane Mills ranch.

The 81-year-old country star noticed that a candle had fallen onto a chair at her personal home at her Humphreys County estate Tuesday morning. She then used pillows to extinguish it, said Will Rourk, the manager at the Loretta Lynn Ranch.

None of Lynn's burns were considered serious, he said.

The fire occurred at the personal home of the country star, not at the antebellum house now used as a tourist attraction on the property.

Previous story
A small fire was reported this morning at a home on Loretta Lynn's property in Hurricane Mills, according to an emergency dispatcher in Humphreys County.

No one was hurt, and the blaze had been extinguished by the time the fire department arrived. A friend of Lynn's called 911, the dispatcher said.

The dispatcher said a candle might have started the fire. That had not been confirmed by investigators.