LINKEDINCOMMENTMORE

Prosecutors in the Holly Bobo murder case want one of the suspects to be barred from speaking publicly, according to a filing obtained by The Tennessean.

As part of a gag order motion filed in Decatur County Criminal Court, prosecutors are seeking to keep Jason Autry or anyone else involved in the case from speaking about the case to ensure the suspect receives a fair trail.

Autry was indicted by a grand jury in the alleged kidnapping and murder of Holly Bobo on April 29. He will be in court on Wednesday as part of a previously scheduled hearing.

If the gag order motion is allowed, all parties involved in the case would be held in contempt if they commented outside of court about the case or its documents or evidence.

The motion comes a week after an interview with the suspect aired on WTVF NewsChannel 5. In the interview, Autry discussed his relationship with other suspects in the case and with Bobo, who disappeared from her family's Parsons home in April 2011.

Prosecutors allege that the news station violated Tennessee Department of Correction policy when it interviewed Autry through a video conferencing system that should have only been used for Davidson County attorneys to talk with their clients in prison.

Autrey's attorney Fletcher Long requested use of the videoconferencing system and then told a Department of Correction worker that he needed a " 'private' cameraman to record sessions with his client."

"When Fletcher Long showed up for the meeting, he used deception to allow Channel 5 News, both a reporter and cameraman, to enter the video room for the purposes of an interview," the filing said.

Prosecutors allege WTVF violated TDOC policy by securing the interview in that way. Corrections officials later told the news station about this and asked them not to air the interview, the filing said.

LINKEDINCOMMENTMORE
Read or Share this story: http://www.wbir.com/story/news/2014/05/27/prosecutors-request-gag-order-in-holly-bobo-case/9652387/