(WRCB) - Officials have ruled the death of a Tennessee Valley 2-year-old as homicide.
According to the local medical examiner's report, the child overdosed and died from the pain medication Fentanyl.
Investigators said the patch was placed on the child's back by another person.
Fentanyl is a prescription pain medication, usually applied as a skin patch, and used to treat moderate to severe pain.
This is the same medication patch that claimed three lives in Athens earlier this month after they chewed the patch to get high and overdosed, according to police.