(WBIR) A man has died from burns that authorities said he sustained in a meth lab explosion in Bell County, Ky.
Detective Shane Stewart with the Bell County Sheriff's Office told 10News that a man showed up at the Pineville Community hospital on Tuesday morning with severe burns to his upper body, arms, face, and other parts of his body. He initially told hospital workers that an ATV battery exploded and burned him.
However, authorities said they received information indicating he was burned by a meth lab. Detective Stewart said the explosion happened in a garage in the Arjay community around 7:30 a.m. Tuesday. Firefighters put out a small fire there from the explosion.
The hospital emergency room was then quarantined Tuesday for around 7 hours. Workers decontaminated approximately 25 people who came in contact with the man.
The man was taken to Vanderbilt Burn Unit where he died from his injuries around 4 p.m. Tuesday afternoon. His identity has yet to be released.
Detective Stewart said there are no pending charges because they believe the man who died was the one involved in the meth lab operation. However, officials are interviewing other people and the incident is still under investigation.