4 LINKEDINCOMMENTMORE

(WBIR-Seymour) Crews at the scene of a house fire in Seymour told 10News they were able to contain the damage to the kitchen.

Around 10:30 Sunday morning, flames sparked at the home on Smelcer Street.

Firefighters said a woman asked her husband for help when the fire started in the kitchen. They said he was able to pull in a hose, helping contain the flames before crews got to the scene.

No one was injured.

Crews described the damage as minimal.

Read or Share this story: http://on.wbir.com/1gEaSzr