(WBIR) A Jefferson County couple lost their home and two dogs in a fire early Tuesday morning.
New Market Volunteer Fire Department responded a fire at Russell Gap Road shortly before 3:20 a.m. Sammy Solomon, a spokesperson for the department, said the fire destroyed the mobile home, and it's still unclear how it started.
The couple managed to escape, but their dogs died in the fire, according to Solomon. A neighbor tried to save the pets, but she fell out of a window, injuring her leg. Crews took her to a nearby hospital for minor injuries.
Solomon said the American Red Cross is assisting the couple with temporary shelter.