LINKEDINCOMMENTMORE

(WBIR) Fire crews Sunday put out a house fire in North Knoxville that started in a bedroom.

KFD responded to a report of a house fire on the 4000 block of Oakland Drive.

All four family members safely made it out of the house before fire crews got there.

Once on the scene, firefighters extinguished the flames and identified the room of origin to be a bedroom. One family member said they believed a candle left burning may have been to blame for the fire.

The American Red Cross will be helping the family with a place to stay.

KFD is reminding everyone that you should never leave burning candles in an unoccupied room. You should always blow the candle out before leaving a room for any length of time. Or, KFD suggests a safe alternative to be battery candles.

Read or Share this story: http://on.wbir.com/1gEWAOM