15 5 LINKEDINCOMMENTMORE

One person was sent to the hospital after officials say he was exposed to chemicals when some equipment malfunctioned.

According to the Knoxville Fire Department, firefighters responded to a fire alarm at Elavon Merchant Services on Chapman Highway around noon.

When they arrived, there was no fire, but one person needed medical care because he had been exposed to a chemical after a heat and air unit malfunctioned. The building partially evacuated the area around the room where the unit was located. .

Elavon processes credit card transactions.

Read or Share this story: http://on.wbir.com/Lib1ZT