5 1 LINKEDINCOMMENTMORE

An elderly woman was hospitalized Thursday after a fire broke out in her home, according to the Knoxville Fire Department.

KFD says the fire sparked on Foxwood Road in west Knoxville shortly before 6 p.m. When firefighters arrived, they saw flames shooting through the roof, and the woman had been partially pulled from the home by her son.

Paramedics performed CPR on the woman. She was sent to UT Medical Center after suffering from cardiac arrest and smoke inhalation.

The victim's son told the fire department he had been using the kitchen stove to heat the home.

No other injuries were reported.

Read or Share this story: http://on.wbir.com/1ceG1qu