1 4 LINKEDINCOMMENTMORE

(WBIR) Dozens of people were forced to temporarily evacuate an assisted living facility Saturday night after a kitchen fire.

According to the Knoxville Fire Department, a call of a fire came in for the Westview Towers on Gleason Drive in West Knoxville at around 7:30 p.m. The sprinkler system went off when a woman living in a 13th floor apartment fell asleep while she was cooking.

Firefighters found the woman unconscious inside her apartment and pulled her to safety. She was taken to the hospital for smoke inhalation, but was awake and alert by the time she left.

As of Saturday night, most of the residents were allowed to return to their apartments.

No one else was injured in the incident.

Read or Share this story: http://on.wbir.com/1lJfNe7