(WBIR) The U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs announced Tuesday many of its services will remain open, but some will close during the government shutdown.
All VA medical facilities and clinics will remain fully operational.
- Impatient care
- Outpatient care
- Dental treatment
- Extended care
- Mental health care
- Nursing home care
- Special health care services for women veterans
- Vet centers
VA call centers and hotlines have closed during shutdown.
- Those include:
- VBA Education Call Center 1-888-442-4551
- Inspector General Hotline 1-800-488-8244
- Consumer Affairs (conusmeraffairs@vagov; VA's home page "Contact us" function and 202-461-7402 will be suspended)
- Congressional Liaison Veterans queries suspended