1567 140 8 LINKEDIN 39 COMMENTMORE

LACEY TOWNSHIP, N.J. — A fire broke out in a home on Norwood Drive on Friday night after a dog accidentally turned on a stove, which then burned a laptop that was on top of the stove, police said.

At 5:17 p.m. Friday, township police along with the Forked River Fire Department responded to 1318 Norwood Drive in the Forked River section of the township for a reported structure fire, Sgt. James Tranz said in a news release.

Upon arrival, smoke was seen coming out of the roof of the home, Tranz said. The Forked River Fire Department then went inside the home and put the fire out.

No one was inside the home at the time of the fire, but firefighters safely removed a dog from the home.

The fire department determined the cause of the fire was from a laptop that had been placed atop a stove, Tranz said.

The Ocean County Fire Marshal also responded and investigated the fire. After the investigation, it was believed that the dog that was inside the house accidentally turned the stove on, which then went on to burn the laptop, Tranz said.

Read or Share this story: http://usat.ly/1tXVQan