by Melanie Eversley, USA TODAY
A 32-year-old Florida man has died after eating "dozens of roaches and worms" in a roach-eating contest, the Broward County Sheriff's Office says, according to the Miami Herald.
Edward Archbold of West Palm Beach won the contest Friday night at the Ben Siegal Reptile Store in Deerfield Beach, but before he could leave with his prize, a female Ivory Ball python, he began throwing up and then collapsed, the Herald reports.
Archbold was rushed to a nearby hospital, where he was pronounced dead, according to the Herald.
Archbold's body was taken to the Broward County medical examiner's office, where an autopsy was to be performed, the Herald says. None of the other contestants was sickened.