o 2 cups all-purpose flour
o 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
o 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
o 3 (8-ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
o 3/4 cup sugar , plus 2 tablespoons, divided
o 3 large eggs
o 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
o 1 pint strawberries
o 2 tablespoons sugar
o 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
o 1 cup all-purpose flour
o 1/2 cup quick cooking oats
o 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. In a medium bowl, combine flour and brown sugar. Cut in butter with a pastry blender (or 2 forks) until mixture is crumbly. Press evenly into a 9x13 baking pan lined with heavy-duty aluminum foil. Bake 15 minutes or until lightly browned.
3. In a large bowl, beat cream cheese with 3/4 cup sugar in an electric mixer at medium speed until smooth. Then add eggs, 1 at a time, and vanilla. Stir to combine. Pour over warm crust.
4. In a small bowl, stir together strawberries and sugar. Spoon evenly over cream cheese mixture.
5. For the streusel topping: In a small bowl, combine all ingredients. I like to really combine it by using my clean hands to thoroughly combine the butter into the mixture.
6. Sprinkle Streusel topping over strawberries. Bake 40-45 minutes, or until filling is set.
7. Refrigerate overnight
Adapted from our hero, Paula Deen
Presented by Julie Wallace, Museum of Appalachia