1 box super moist chocolate fudge cake mix
12 ounces Dr. Pepper Cherry (room temperature)
1 (18 ounce) jar maraschino cherries, divided
2 (1 cup) sticks salted butter (room temperature)
7 cups powdered sugar
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray a 9x13x2 baking pan with cooking spray. Set aside.
2. In a large bowl combine cake mix and soda. Whisk until combined. Set aside.
3. Remove 24 cherries from the jar, remove stems and cut cherries into fourths. Add cut cherries to cake batter. Whisk again until combined.
4. Pour batter into the prepared baking pan. Smooth with a spatula so the cake is even.
5. Place the cake in the center of the oven and bake 30 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
6. Meanwhile: Add butter to the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment (or place in a large bowl and use and hand mixer).
7. Beat butter until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes.
8. Add sugar 1 cup at a time until it is all incorporated (beating between each addition).
9. Add 3 ounces (6 tablespoons) maraschino cherry juice from the jar and beat until mixture is light and fluffy.
10. Frost the cake with all of the icing and garnish with remaining cherries.
Presented by Shona House, Faith Baked Cakes
You can learn more on the Faith Baked Cakes website--or on their Facebook page.